You know, I've been thinking about something. We should be living more like old-fashioned people, right? Well, these modern conveniences we have are just getting in the way of that! We should be buying all of our food directly from the farmers, so that way we can churn our own butter (from the milk) and make all of our own food from scratch (including noodles from home grown eggs and fresh wheat flour). We should stop using dishwashers and do all of our dishes the old fashioned way, and we should even do laundry by hand! We should knit and sew all of our own clothes, and we could walk everywhere (instead of driving). Oh, and we should write letters to everyone instead of using email. If we did that, we wouldn't have so much time to waste on the internet (oh don't even get me started on the evilness of the internet!!!). We'd be truly old-fashioned and therefore, much more spiritual!
(The above post is a total parody based on something Katy-Anne put on her blog today. I just thought it would be fun to make such a sarcastic blog post. This isn't aimed at anyone... it's just to be silly.)
Friday, March 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Haha yeah. Actually I do have people that think I'm lazy because I don't make my own bread or do any canning (I'd love to but my husband doesn't want us doing that right now).
ReplyDeleteDon't forget we can also get bees so that we are getting our own honey, we need vegetable gardens and fruit trees, and chickens for meat and eggs, and our own cow for milk and meat, and a goat for goat milk for baby so we aren't using formula. Actually, all these things are good things, things that we would like to do one day, but they won't make us any more spiritual than anybody else.
Dad is going to chime in here. Dishwasher wash the dishes hotter than we can do by hand and the washing machine does the same. All the other things I had done before when I was a boy and a young man. Be good have fun!
ReplyDeleteLove Dad...
No fair! I don't even have a dishwasher. LOL.
ReplyDeletelol I'd love to have a dishwasher too... but with a small kitchen and VERY small budget, it just isn't an option right now. :) I'm definitely not more spiritual for washing my own dishes though!! :P :P :P
ReplyDeleteOh, and Katy-Anne... what are you doing here? You should be studying a book on canning so you can do it as soon as your husband tells you to!! LOL (sorry... just couldn't resist...)
Yeah, I've been thinking about doing all my laundry and dishes by hand - NOT!!
ReplyDeleteThe dishwasher is also great at keeping sleeping kids, well, sleeping. I'm not about to give it up!!
Is it okay if I add your blog to my blog roll? I noticed you do not moderate comments, and I have many readers, some of which hate me and think it's funny to leave nasty comments on blogs I link to.
I can turn the comment moderation on if I start getting nasty comments, so go ahead and add me. :)
ReplyDelete